What is the Visa Waiver Program?
ESTA is the electronic system for travel authorisation for entering the USA under the Visa Waiver Program
ESTA stands for "Electronic System for Travel Authorisation" and is the electronic travel authorisation system for entering the Unites States of America. The competent authority is the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
All citizens or nationals of the Visa Waiver Program countries are eligible to travel to the USA under the Visa Waiver Program.
The requirements are the following:
- Visitor has to be from one of the ESTA eligible's countries.
- Visitor has to be physically outside USA when he or she is applying.
- Visitor's trip to USA has to be either for tourism, seeing friends or family, or for short-term business.
- Business (Making general business or employment enquirie, going to seminars, trade fairs or conferences, etc.).
- Visitor's passport has to be valid for 6 months from the day you access USA.
- Visitor can stay in USA for a maximum time of 3 months.
- Visitor must have had no major criminal convictions, in which visitor served more than 1 year in jail.
- Visitor must not have tuberculosis at the moment of travel into, and within, USA.
- Visitor is not allowed to work in the meantime he or she is in USA.
- Visitor can access USA all the times he or she wishes for a period of 12 months which starts on the date that the - ESTA is granted, or until visitor's passport expires.
ESTA Expiration Date
The Visitor can access USA as many times as he or she wishes for a period of 2 years months which exactly starts on the date that your ESTA is granted, or until your passport expires for a maximum of 3 months on each stay.